Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Really fast...

Wow, things have been busy up at the house. Tomorrow morning some government officials should be coming to check out the orphanage and so they can approve care orders to Redeemer House Ministries for the kids. So please be praying that that goes well! They were supposed to come today, but never showed up.. Oh well, this is Africa.

In other news Renee left Sunday and Bill, (a missionary who runs a family home for children with medical conditions in China that came with the other team we spent time with), moved into Noah's room for the next few days. The kids started their term at school Monday, you would think life at the house would slow down a LOT when that happens. But it hasn't. It's fun still.

I think the best part of my last few days here was Friday afternoon when I came back to Redeemer House after spending two days with the other team. It was around 4 in the afternoon and as I came through the gate I heard: "Aunt Elicia! Praise God! Welcome back!" as I saw ten kids running towards me. I had only been gone 24 hours, but the hugs and smiles I was blessed with made it seem like I had been gone for months. It was such a blessing. Their smiles. Their hugs. Their hearts. Redeemer House, with these kids, has truly become my African Home.

As I wrap this up I want to ask for continued prayer. Prayer for the study of the house tomorrow. For organization. For wisdom. And continued energy. Not only for me, but also for Kathy and Bill. Thank you all so much! I can't wait to share more stories with you all.

4 comments:

  1. We are praying girl. Thank you so much for the update. I'm so thankful that you are still there. Praise God for your faithfulness and servants heart. We are praying for your strength and endurance, and all situations and people involved in Redeemer House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    I REALLY REALLY DO!!
    I miss you! and I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, I pray for your favor on Redeemer House, and those who have committed themselves to loving orphan children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, funny thing, it's a week and a half later, and we still haven't had our visit from the government. TIA! Not really so funny, though, because we need to get those care orders ASAP. Please pray!

    And I know what you mean about how great it is coming back to the orphanage and being greeted by the kids, even if you've only been gone an hour. It never gets old. I hope it's enough to keep you coming back! Works for me!

    ReplyDelete