Monday, April 5, 2010

Hi! I'm Renee' Campbell/Home-Yreka,CA/wife of Ron for the past 38 years (who is also going to Uganda) I'm the oldest female on the trip, not 17 or 20, and that's all I have to say about that!!!!
I am so very excited about going on this mission trip to Africa. About a year ago the Lord began to prompt my heart by the faithful obedience of His servant Kathy Vaughan. Kathy's story of truly trusting God in what seemed to be an impossible situation for a woman alone in Africa truly encouraged me to know that God can use anyone He chooses, and that He desires to use His children for His glory. I made the decision at that time to pray and ask what He had for me in my new season of life. I know He has been preparing me for something new for a very long time, but I wasn't sure what that was. Then along came the same faithful obedience of Justin and Shauna Vaughn to adopt a child from Africa, not having a clue how or when or where that kind of money would come from. They were simply willing to say, "Yes Lord", to His call, to God be the Glory. As I prayed, He began to give me a heart for the people of Africa,and a desire to come along side the Redeemer House ministry there. I began to pray for what else I could do. I felt a stirring in my heart to go and so I began to pray, "If it's Your will Lord", and He continued to wait for me to say, "I am willing Lord, send me". That decision came on February 26, as we met together to pray for the Lord's desire for a trip to Uganda. On the way home that night I realized that the Lord was waiting for my heart to make the decision to go, knowing nothing more than that He desired for me to be obedient to Him. Shame on me if I ever get to the place where I think God needs me. His plan and purpose and Glory will go on even If I sit at home today on my nice cozy nest and stay there until I die. However, He gives me the awesome opportunity, privilege and even the responsibility to be a part of that incredible plan. So, once again, shame on me if when He calls, and I know in my heart it is Him calling, that I say no. My only desire or expectation on this trip is to listen to and be willing to follow the Spirit of God for His plan. I trust Him to be faithful to that because He tells us in His Word that He is faithful, (Psalm 57:9-10) I will praise You, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples. For great is Your love, reaching to the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. I know I am worthless without Him and powerful in Him, He promises us that as well, (II Corinthians 12:9) But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". Paul said, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me". Ron and I have always had a heart for the needy and less fortunate than us and have had many opportunities to minister to those people in the states. Now He is expanding our opportunities to Africa. PRAISE YOU JESUS! We covet your prayers as we prepare and as we go, that this opportunity will be all He desires it to be, in us and through us. I am absolutely convinced that I will be changed forever as the Lord shows me His love for His people all over the world and my need to truly be obedient to, "do for the least of these", in His name and for His Glory.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Renee! Can not wait to hear what God does in and through each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Renee, I'm so glad you said "Yes!" You are so right, it is always Him, never us, but I am thankful you are willing to be used by Him. I am so excited to have you coming here - I feel like it's my special treat from God!

    Prepare to have your heart broken. That's what happens, but then God uses us, with our broken hearts, to bring His love to others. What a privilege!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Renee! You will be amazed at what God does in and through you each day before you go, while you are there and when you come back. You will be forever changed. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete